I admire that you want to sell the home yourself but I can assure you that selling your home yourself demands far more than just putting a sign in the yard and an ad in the paper. Today’s buyers are savvy, sophisticated and rely heavily on the Internet, technology and social media in making their decisions about purchasing a home. Are you knowledgeable about the use and the vital role of technology in home selling?
I thought I’d pose a few questions to help you decide if this is an effort that you want to pursue alone or even have the time::
- Are you willing to spend hours on the internet blogging about your property and make new connections?
- Are you willing to upload photos and information to 50 plus listing websites to draw attention to your property?
- Do you have the highest quality cameras to take the best pictures or the world to see?
- Are you prepared to answer calls early in the morning and late at night?
- Will potential buyers be able to send you a text message to ask about the properties?
- Do you know how to upload virtual tours to really showcase our property?
Moreover, buyers trust that real estate agents operate with integrity. Not that you wouldn’t, but buyers know that they are protected by governing bodies such as the Alabama Real Estate Commission and the National Association of Realtors(R).
As real estate agents, we don’t just put a sign in the yard and open the door to your house to let potential buyers in. So before you take the leap to try and sell your home yourself, please allow me to come by and talk with you to discuss how I market properties and the many aspects (marketing and legalities) that you might overlook by selling your yourself.
I’ll come by for an informative visit to share with you how I work and market properties. You can call me at 205-321-1200 or if you just have a question or 2, just shoot me an email.
And then, if you’ll allow me, I’ll contact all of my friends, family and associates!